Oceano on Horseback

Oceano CA horseback rides
Pacific Dunes Ranch, Oceano, CA

 Horseback riding lessons at Pacific Dunes Riding Ranch, Oceano CA
A Riding Lesson
My dad thought horseback riding on the beach would be a great adventure and offered to take my daughter, Dottie, and I.
Riding on the Beach

Chumash shell hills are seen from horseback as we travel through the dunes
Through the Oceano Dunes
This was a dream come true for Dottie. It would be her very first time on the back of a real live horse. I shared Dottie's enthusiasm for the ride. My childhood memories are filled with horses. When I was a young girl I was in love with horses, but I had not been on a horse in years.I called the Pacific Dunes Ranch and was able to make reservations for a trail ride later that day. Bright paint and a huge sign made the riding stable easy to find.We arrived a little bit early to sign in. The rich smell of molasses grain greeted us. Our guides were smiling, energetic and assuring. When it came time for the ride, getting on the horses was not a problem because there are steps up to a saddle height deck. Once on the horses, we were given a quick lesson and our caravan set out single file.T-shirt weather added pleasure to the next hour long journey. A diverse blend of  lush tropical trails, romantic ocean beach and surreal sand dunes where ancient shell hills of the Chumash Indians can be seen. Our expedition was delightful. I would love to do it again the next time we visit Oceano.